Tuesday, July 29, 2008

dR. mAnHaTtAn'S view of my trip to the beach

Hello everyone, God's many blessings on every body, as always. I don't know if Carlton will be viewing this entry or not, but this submission is my 'cosmic wink,' to him, in addition to being my rather ambitious attempt to recreate some of his favorite scenes from "Watchmen." ("Watchmen" is a comic book soon-to-be-movie, and one of the main characters, Dr. Manhattan, has a particular way of viewing time, which I will attempt to mimic. If you have no clue what I'm talking about, google Dr. Manhattan, or Watchmen, for more info. OR, look at the site where I took my 'cues' from: http://www.philobiblon.com/isitabook/comics/Watchmen1Medium.jpg) The memories are ensconced in my photographic mind. My friends and I are enjoying a scrumptious cookout while Miles Davis plays in the background. The wooden park bench feels comfy and lived in underneath the cozy b and b. It's 2008. In twelve seconds my mind will bring me back from my reverie and I will once again be at my computer typing about my weekend at the beach. I am on the park bench, tasting the delicious steak in my mouth as I'm slowly chewing it. Ten seconds now. I am at my computer typing about my fun weekend at the beach. I am looking at the photographic memory of being on the beach. 96 hours ago. 24 hours into the past, I'm taking photographs with my mind to look at later. I'm there now, taking the photographs. I am sitting on the park bench laughing uncontrollably, taking a swig of beer, seizing the moments of pleasure in being with my friends, listening to the Miles Davis CD, and deliberately masticating on the grilled steak my brother made me. Seven seconds now. It's later July, 2008. I am at my computer relishing memories from my wonderful trip to a B and B and the beach with friends. I'm hitting a shuttle cock (yes, I said shuttle) over a net; I'm on the beach watching the waves come in and listening to the soft *swish* of the ocean. Four seconds. Three. I am tired of trying to fit this blog into past and present, lol. The memories recede to the recesses of my mind to be retrieved again at a later date. I am going to watch the news. So many things happen in the world, and we get the news too late sometimes. "All we ever see of stars is their old photographs." God bless you, every one! :)

No comments:


Followers

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger