Sunday, March 22, 2009

How's Your Lent going?

Hello www, Many thanks to God for: the continued Great Health of my mother, who has five years of being cancer-free! For 76, my mom is a real power house! I recently learned she only takes two meds! Two! Them's bragging rights for anyone over 60! Yay, love you mom. May you live long and continue to prosper...And, also, the exciting return of MikeD from his fantabulous around-the-world-trip! Looking forward to catching up to you Mike and talking non-stop, listening to you tell others about your trip, and of course seeing you again is a blessing! Heavenly Father, we need Your help with the global economy. I add my prayers to those who are asking for Your help, Lord. With You, ALL things are possible! As always, I sign myself in Jesus' name. Amen. Lent has been going well: I've kept the promise to myself to go to mass everyday, which has been wonderful. After Lent I always wonder if I should continue to go to mass everyday, and I know I should, but then I let work and the gym get in the way...Before Lent and after Lent my cup is refilled from church on Sundays, but when I go everyday to mass during Lent, wow, my cup is refilled Daily! Oh, and to those of you who don't know, Catholic daily mass is only a 1/2 hour. He he. Maybe I will go to mass everyday...okay, I go on Tues' anyway, for adoration...maybe I could add one more day...build up to it so as to not overwhelm myself... Do you ever have these kinds of conversations with yourself? "I'll do this for God..."when if we really think about it, God doesn't need us to do anything for Him. He's God! Going to church everyday would be for Me. So I can strengthen my relationship with/in Him. By strengthening my relationship in God, God will work through me to show His Love to others. We are God's vessels. By opening ourselves up to God's graces, everyone around us benefits. God's blessings abound. Knowing all the benefits of going to daily mass, I am still relunctant to commit to attending. This is a problem God can help me with; He'll lead me to the truth... In the mean time my continued Lenten prayers are for the economy, and for God to work through me so I can Love All. May Gaaaaaaaaahhhhd bless you!

No comments:


Followers

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger