Sunday, September 20, 2009

The couple in front of us

Hello www, Remember to talk to Jesus. He's always awake and He's always listening. He wants us to talk to Him, just like we would talk to a good friend. Jesus is your bff anytime. Thank you Lord, for always being available to us. In your name. Amen. Some of you may know that my mom and I go to mass every Saturday at 5pm. I'm sure there are even those of you who don't like our rigidness with regard to this weekend appointment with our Lord, because you'd rather I do some sort of frivolousness. But mom babysits on Sunday mornings and is too tired afterwards to attend mass. I like our usual routine of Saturday mass because mom and I are praying together. There are few events that are as powerful as attending mass with your loved ones. Okay, so since mom and I attend Saturday mass religiously (pardon the pun, couldn't resist :)), I began to notice people I knew, or observed 'the regulars' like mom and me, that I hadn't met yet. One couple in particular stood out for me. A cute, probably in his forties, short man with a nice haircut, and a taller than him, but not glaringly taller, blond-haired woman. Despite the height differences, or because of it, they make a good match. Every Saturday they would quietly gravitate to the same pew, usually in front of mom and me. I didn't see wedding rings on their fingers, but the vibe they gave was one of a serious relationship, a tight bond shared. One Saturday he came in by himself and sat in front of us. At the 'sign of peace' part of the mass, when he and I shook hands, I was able to add, "Please tell your wife we miss her this week." He smiled shyly and nodded. After mass he turned to my mom and me saying, "She's helping a friend move. (pause) She's a better friend than I am." Mom and I laughed. Besides looking forward to mass every Saturday, I like to see if 'the couple' is joining us to pray. Sometimes they arrive in time to sit in their usual pew, close to us, and sometimes we are a few pews away from each other, but no matter, I'm happy to see them. I'm joyful they are a part of our Saturday evening family of mass goers. BTW, I did see rings on their fingers recently. :) God bless us, each and everyone, always.

No comments:


Followers

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger