Sunday, March 14, 2010

I heart nurses

Hello world-wide-web, Thank you Lord for nurses, your angels on earth. I pray that all nurses know how appreciated and loved they are by their patients, and may they always feel Your Spirit working through them, renewing them, and giving them the will to keep working long after their energy has left them. Thank you also Lord, for my health and for the health of those around me. Thank you for all you do for us; we can't ever thank you enough. In Jesus' Name. Amen I went to the hospital for a planned surgery this past Friday. Before I continue, I must make a confession here to Brett (oops), I mean Brent; I lied to you Buddy, when I told you I was having my tonsils removed. I can't believe how gullible some people are, God bless them. :P I won't go into any details about why I was there or that I spent the night. I will, however, talk about how I think nurses are Da Bomb. I've failed to realize how amazing nurses are and what a demanding profession they have to fulfill. Let me make up for this failure now by saying how much I admire and appreciate nurses. Friday happened to be a really busy day for the nurses on my floor too. There are intercoms, fortunately or unfortunately, in every room and there isn't a way to cover them up or turn them down, so you pretty much have to hear every page that is made. But my nurses were the kindest, most compassionate people. If you get the opportunity to meet a nurse when you are out and about, or at a party, or if you go to the hospital like I did, please make sure you tell them how much you appreciate them. When I found out my nurses were done with their shifts, I told them good-bye, thanked 'em and gave them God's blessings. They really did their best to make sure I was comfortable and in want of nothing. I don't particularly care for hospitals, but this visit made me appreciate we have hospitals and the wonderful people, angels really, who work inside them. KIA Sorento has a cute commercial airing now with a monkey and other assorted toys taking over the Sorento and going to Vegas, with a tune from The Heavy called, "How you like me now?" As I'm writing this blog, those words, How you like me now, are playing over and over in my head. I think that's what I was thinking at certain times when the nurses took care of me. I think they would answer with a smile and say, "Just fine." Not many people can do what they do, or the way they do it, and make it feel okay. Have you thanked a nurse today? Or prayed for one? Well, what are you waiting for? "I am a little pencil in the hand of a writing God who is sending a love letter to the world." Mother Theresa

No comments:


Followers

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger