Monday, June 7, 2010

Summer dreams

Hello world-wide-web,

     Thanks, Lord, for bringing Mom and Carlton home safely from EP. Thank you for all prayers answered, for the wonderful ending to a fantastic academic/school year - you blessed me with some great students this year, Lord - and for overall health and happiness in my life. Special intentions for the BP spill and healing in the gulf, for marriages, for all singles, any prayers I've been asked to pray for, for the troops, and in thanksgiving for the health of loved ones and my friends. In Jesus' name. Amen.

For the summer I'll be posting dreams I have, as I find them quite entertaining and hope you do as well.

A good friend of mine, Issa, is about to have a baby and here's a dream I had about this wonderful occurrence: she and her husband fly to Pakistan to have the baby there, so they invited me and a few other friends to join them. We arrive and Issa is immediately put in a huge room with other pregnant women. The room is the size of a small theatre, complete with comfortable theatre seats, which is where Issa, her husband, me, and the other friends sit to wait. We are waiting for Issa to begin her contractions in earnest and have her baby. Instead of facing a movie screen, though, we are looking through a huge window. We are on the second floor and if you  look down from this window you can see the Paki citizens running to and fro. I still have the distinct impression that Issa is having a girl, but she never delivers during the dream; women all around us are having babies though and they are quickly wheeled out of the room when they are in the middle of contractions.

The second dream I had  is about a costume shop. But this is no ordinary costume shop. It is a shop that rents Super Heroes. Not the actual Super Heroes, as they have more important things to do than attend a celebration of any sort, so this store rents the robots of Super Heroes. The Super Hero that was prominently featured in my dream was Iron Man. I'm watching a commercial of the Iron Man Robot at a kid's bday party. Everyone is standing around the robot as he does Iron Man stuff: flying around and making balloon animals for the kiddies.

Wishing you Super Summer Dreams - real, dreamed, or imagined.
"I am a little pencil in the hand of a writing God who is sending a love letter to the world." Mother Theresa

No comments:


Followers

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger