Saturday, December 18, 2010

Suffering

Hello friends,
     Please pray and send positive thoughts to all couples in the process of conceiving; remember and say prayers for the lonely, the homeless, and those without Hope in their lives. Jesus, please have mercy on these souls, and send an angel in human form to comfort them. Amen.
     I know writing about suffering during Christmas may seem an odd thing to do, but it's where I found myself yesterday as I was reflecting on Mary, Jesus' mother.

     The bible doesn't say if Mary realized exactly what her Yes would entail, but she did receive hints about what life with Jesus would be like, when Simeon, upon seeing baby Jesus, tells her (Luke 2:35), "...and a sword will pierce your own soul too," which I interpret to mean the pain she was to feel at the Crucifixion of her son.
     When my heart grows heavy with sadness at whatever perceived sorrow I am feeling, I remind myself of Mary, the Mother of us all, and the true Agony she felt upon seeing Jesus hanging above her. I unite my sorrows with hers, and I ask for the same faith, hope, and strength she had.
     Our society likes to avoid grieving and who can blame it? Who wants to cry their heart out, or be depressed for days on end? No one! And yet, no matter how we try to avoid pain, or cheat it, it comes to us.
     Mary's "Yes," doesn't end at Christ's crucifixion though. We are a people of the Resurrection!
     Jesus is our hope. He is the Ultimate Healer. Invite Him into your life today. He won't guarantee a life free from difficulties or misfortune, but He will provide you with what you need to deal with any malady.
     May you feel God's graces pouring on you each and every day.
     Merry Christmas!
"I am a little pencil in the hand of a writing God who is sending a love letter to the world." Mother Theresa

1 comment:

Mike Davidow said...

GREAT


Followers

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger