Sunday, July 1, 2012

A peek into one teacher's June, 2012

Hello friends,
Heavenly Father, grant my words give you greater glory and praise. For everyone who has asked for my prayers, Lord, this is a prayer for them. For all marriages and single people, Lord, may they keep their focus on You. For two special intentions. In Jesus' Name. Amen.
Since most ppl wonder what teachers do during summer.
I thought I'd share what I'm doing/did this summer.
Career-wise
Since I'm looking for a school counseling job, I searched the surrounding districts for the names and phone numbers of folks I wanted to speak with; mostly the heads of the counseling departments.
Various paperwork was exchanged. I highlight the fact that I speak/read/write Spanish fluently, so as to separate myself from the rest of the applicants.
Thank the Lord, he granted me an interview with the larger district in the area.
Principals won't return to work until July 16th, so that's when I'll call schools again.
Domestic-wise
I've begun in my bedroom, by cleaning out all the clutter. I donated many clothes and shoes.
(I have this "policy" about my clothes and shoes; if I buy a pair a shoes, I've got to get rid of a pair; if I buy a couple of blouses, a couple of blouses get donated...)
My clothes are now hanging in the order of the rainbow. From left to right, dark to light. It's really pretty awesome! (I know, I'm a dork, and I'm okay with that.)
But, ahem, to get back to the topic: I am making my way to the other side of the house. I've finished my room, the linen closet, my bathroom. Next I'll do the spare bedroom - so many Christmas things to be donated and arranged! - plus my classroom things that need to be moved to my front office room. Then it's on to the front room, living room, kitchen, and lastly, the laundry room. Hopefully to be finished before August arrives. This is a huge undertaking and will probably take me most of July.
Spiritual-wise
I've gone to mass and prayed the rosary every day. Always make time for Jesus! :) He makes time for us.
Pet-wise
Toby has hayfever! Mom paid for his meds for the allergies, thanks Mom, and I paid for his nails to be trimmed, and heartworm/tick/flea meds. (Fortunately, they were having a sale on the Frontline Plus. PTL) I've bathed him twice in the last two months. He and I both dread the baths equally, but he feels so much better afterwards! He loves the 'drying off blanket' time the best.
Travel-wise
I've made it out of town. Not out of the state, yet, but out of town, certainly. It's something, PTL. I'd like to go to Fl and hit the beach, if it be God's will. That's one of my goals besides finding a job.
Friends-wise
What would summer be without gathering together with friends? Bor-ing. I've hung out with friends I wouldn't normally see during the school year, and a few I haven't seen in at least a year! Friends are a blessing! Thanks, Lord, for blessing me with such loving, kind, caring, and respectful friends.

Book-wise
My goal was to read at least ten books, some professional, and some just for fun, by August. I am no where near completing this one, but it's fun to try! I am reading 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, Manifesting God, and a few other ones...Reading is always a part of summer for me.
Exercise-wise
I'm proud to say that for the whole month of June I exercised for an hour, five times a week, on the treadmill. The last week of June and going into July, I'm doing six times a week.  I've also added an app to track my calories. Gettin' into a shape other than 'round'.
God bless you!
"I am a little pencil in the hand of a writing God who is sending a love letter to the world." Mother Theresa

No comments:


Followers

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger