Sunday, August 26, 2012

Back to work, eh?

Hello friends,
Heavenly Father, bless all eyes reading this blog. Special intentions and prayers for the sick, the ailing, homeless, hungry, all those who have no one to pray for them, and for the unemployed. Prayers for atheists, agnostics, and the oppressed. For peace in our world, and in our families. For two personal prayers. In Jesus' Name. Amen.
     The kiddies will return this Monday, and I begin my new position as an Elementary School Counselor, where I, along with all the staff, have 600 plus students in our care.
      I am a bit anxious, as anyone who is starting a new appointment will be, but I remain positive and pray to the Lord for guidance, showing me ways to give Him greater glory through this new career.
     It was a bumpy ride getting here.
     I accepted the job offer on the Saturday before the week of  professional development at my old school-district. When I informed my old principal I had obtained employment elsewhere, she told me that I was still under contract with my old district, and that she needed to find a replacement before I could be released from my obligations.
     That Monday at my old school, I thought about the things I could be doing if I were in my office, but I did manage to keep myself in the present. At one point I just had to say, "God's will be done," and accept that I might be in my old assignment for a minimum of two weeks, possibly longer.
     My new principal assured me the job was still mine, but I was tense; I was unsure how this delay was going to affect me in performing my new duties.
     I sympathized with my old principal; she was doing what she thought was best for the students.
I think when she realized she might not find the exact person she was looking for, and needed to change her strategy in finding an alternate, she released me fairly quickly Wednesday morning. Wednesday afternoon I was in an orientation for new school counselors in my new district. God blessed me with a couple of days in my office for organizing, organizing, and even more organizing. I was also 'officially' introduced to the staff, students and parents, so things worked out just fine, PTL.
      I pray that all teachers and students, everywhere, have a most blessed academic 2012-2013 school year. In Jesus' name, Amen.

"I am a little pencil in the hand of a writing God who is sending a love letter to the world." Mother Theresa

No comments:


Followers

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger