Sunday, August 4, 2013

Seventh month's collage, 2013

Heavenly Father,
Thank you for always being in our lives - in the friends and family around us. In Jesus' name. Amen.
July had some high-highs, and some low-lows.
Thanks be to God, it ended on a positive, uplifting note.
My mom was in the hospital with kidney stones the latter part of the month; she had lithroscopy, shock waves essentially, to reduce the size of the stone, so it would be easy to pass.
In fact, mom was in the hospital on the same day she gave birth to me all these years later!
Mom's stone was 9 mm and I weighed 9 lbs, 9 oz, strange, right? 
Mamasita sweet potato had to endure pain worse than giving birth (I've been told)! Fortunately, the stone has passed; unfortunately, mom's pain didn't subside.
I took her to a gasterologist, and the doctor said she has diverticulitis; she's now taking antibiotics for it, and appears well on her way to recovery, though she still has some aches. Thank you to all those who have been praying for mom; please continue to pray for her continued health and well-being. Thank you,
God is good, all the time!
Also, my childhood friend drove 10 hours to spend time with me and to celebrate my birthday.
I am so blessed!
 

 
The photo of this month's collage wouldn't come out lighter - coincidence? There are no coincidences.
It was a dark month. 
 
Toward the bottom of the collage is the music sheet for the song, "We walk by Faith."
I drew an orange sun with red rays coming out of the center - this is on the lower right side of the collage.
I colored the rest of the background yellow.
 
The Good Samaritan was in the readings this month, and I must give a happy thank you shout out to my good friend R, for personifying a Good Samaritan toward me. May God bless her always.
 
There are three scenes I put on the collage just because I like the art.
The first one is above the orange-red sun, and it is a depiction of the scene of Mary, Martha, and Jesus. Mary sitting at Jesus' feet, and Martha getting food ready for Jesus and his companions to eat. Mary made the best choice, to sit at Jesus' feet.
The second picture is the angel of death at Passover.
The third one is towards the top right hand corner; Moses has his hands wrapped about the tablets, looking up at the pasted words, "July 2013."
 
Above the Good Samaritan depiction is a blessing for a sick person.
I dedicate this prayer to my sweet potato mamasita.:
Lord Jesus, our Saviour and our brother,
listen to our prayer and look with love on Mamasita sweet potato,
Visit her in this time of sickness,
and fill her with the gifts of your Spirit,
that she may have the courage to carry your cross
the strength to believe in your love,
and the faith to persevere in hope and prayer.
Restore her strength
and bring her back to full health.
Lord Jesus, unite our prayer to your own
and present it to God most high.
To God be glory and praise for ever and ever. Amen.
---Blessings and prayers for Home and Family
 
The scripture I hand-wrote in-between the pasted scriptures, is Philippians 4:9, "Keep on doing what you have learned and received and heard and seen in me. Then the God of peace will be with you."
One the upper right hand-side are scripture passages containing peace.
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give to you.
 
"I am a little pencil in the hand of a writing God who is sending a love letter to the world." Mother Theresa
 

No comments:


Followers

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger