Saturday, June 7, 2008

Fun Night out on the town

Hello everyone! :) How's every body? I hope all is well and happy in your world. Here things are just peachy! Went to a great happy hour, mingled, met some interesting, fun and good looking people (okay, good-looking men). From Blue Mesa, the HH, a group of us went to Sherlock's. A live band, bigdaddy, was playing. They were okay. :) Discussion ranged from who is a better guitarist: Eric Clapton or Mark Knopfler (most liked EC, I chose MK), to if money wasn't an object what kind of car would you buy? Lamborghini, Bentley, Ferrari, and Rolls Royce... Of course something lead to a Seinfeld episode. I mentioned the one where George gives up sex and becomes smarter. He is able to finish a Rubik cube in minutes, if not faster, and how he knows answers on Jeopardy!; Elaine also gives up sex and becomes dumber. She sees two tires spinning on top of each other and is laughing bemusedly while clapping her hands. A Bon Jovi song came on the sound system, and there was a Bon Jovi fan in our group and I said, "Bon Jovi is a rock star wanna be." Well this sparked some lively debate. I still think he's a wanna be. 80's music was mentioned: Ratt, Talk-Talk, Eurthymics, Madonna, etc. The song, "People Get Ready," by Jeff Beck and Rod Stewart was mentioned. Wow! I hadn't thought about that song in YEARS. I looked it up and added it to my YouTube list of music, but I don't know if it holds up...U2, my all time favorite band, was mentioned and some songs by them I hadn't thought about in years, like Wire, came up, and then I started to think of all my favorite songs from the Unforgettable Fire I liked and hadn't added to my YouTube videos for U2. So I had to add them this morning. It is already a large list. Movies! Everyone likes them. Which one is your favorite? We talked about Nacho Libre. "A punch to the face, kick to the face...How did you find me? I saw you from the village." Giggles spread in concentric circles. I consider it a good night if people are laughing and smiling, and that certainly happened last night, but if I can make people laugh, and a hearty laugh, not some polite half-hearted chuckle, then it is a Fantastic Evening. Last night was an FE. Which SuperHero magic power do you wish you had? Last night flying by far was the most popular. Mine was being invisible...Just think of it! You could be at the White House, etc, and no one would know! lol I thank God for all the blessings I've received in my life, and for such a wonderful time tonight. God bless each and everyone.

No comments:


Followers

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger