Sunday, June 8, 2008

Friendships are Relationships

Hello everyone! :)
How is the world today? I hope all is well and many blessings to everybody! I just recently met a new friend, a woman, and we have been talking on the phone Non-stop since we've met, which is great. I have thoroughly enjoyed getting to know her better. I mentioned to my new friend, Bridget, how friendships are relationships, not romantic ones, of course, but relationships none the less. For instance I asked her, and you can laugh about this, if our friendship was moving too fast, and was she afraid things between us were moving too quickly? LOL After laughing at the comparision, and agreeing with the analogy, she confidently assured me things were moving along just fine, and I agreed.
Interesting though, right? Another good friend, a woman named Irene, said she once felt like she was getting 'friend dumped'. Irene's friend wasn't calling her v. often, Irene was doing all the calling, her friend wasn't making time to get together with Irene, and when they spoke on the phone, the conversations were brief. (sound familiar women? Ever had a bf behave this way to you?) Thankfully, they did work things out, and no, she didn't get friend dumped. :) Can men and women be friends? I don't think so, but my new friend, Bridget, thinks you can. I think she can. My perspective is that if a guy is friends with a woman, he likes her, or vice versa. Guys have told Bridget that men aren't friends with women. Men hang out with women they are interested in, and not for any other reason. I imagine that for men it boils down to 'pie.' 'Pie' gets in the way of friendships between men and women. I know when I am friends with my brother's friends, they don't want to hang out with me unless my brother is there. I suppose they believe I like them, or I might feel they like me, or they just sense it would be too complicated, or too confusing. Subsequently, I don't have any guy friends, which is sad, but that's just the way it's worked. And, yes, this sort of contradicts what I said about men/women being friends. I just wanted to let the reader know I have tried to be friends with men. The exception to the man/woman friendship is this: if the man is gay, then the man can be friends with the woman. No 'pie' question there! LOL This is a great friendship too! Talk about some great advice from the gay man on clothing, etc! It's fantastic. If you'd like to weigh in on this topic, feel free to leave comments. God bless!

3 comments:

Alisha said...

Hey honey pie! Well, I tried to post once and it didn't go through. Now I'll try again. Here's my 2 cents on the subject...I think men and women can be friends but my husband does not. He says men are only interested in one thing when they become involved in a relationship...he says men are animals and they can't help but think of you know what and if they say otherwise, they're lying. Hmmm....I'm not sure if this is true. Any men want to respond to that? He says that men will and can be friends with a woman but that the "sex thing" never leaves their minds....EVER....if a man is friends with a woman, it's always a possibility and that is what keeps a man hanging onto a friendship with a woman....hmmm. I have some men friends and I know in my eyes, we are just friends and it's hard for me to believe these guys have other intentions...but come on guys...do you? Does it always enter your minds? Can you be honest to good friends with no thoughts of anything but a genuine friend...through thick and thin...there to lean on with no strings attached?

Hey, cutie pie Debi...let's get together for lunch. Even though I'm up to my eyeballs in babies, we can get together at a kid friendly place and gab!

Miss you!

annie said...

I have only a few guys that have been interested in more than to just be my friend. Most guys I've met have been more than content to just be my friend. Sadly, that's a fact I learned through practice. Though I do believe that many guys do make "friends" with women to later date them, I have met quite a few that simply wanted a friend.

wickedcrochetlady said...

Hey Dear,
I have tons of guys friends. I disagree with that they only want to be your friend for "pie". I have lots more guy friends than I do girl friends. I don't feel like I am being judged by them like I do with my girl friends. And all the gay guys I know I would never ask for fashion consulting. My youngest brother is gay and he dresses way bad. heehee.
love ya, Denise R


Followers

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger