Sunday, February 3, 2013

January's collage

 
 
Heavenly Father,
Thank you for your many blessings, and please continue to let your grace fall upon us. In Jesus' Name. Amen.
I've decided to create collage's to commemorate each month this year.
Below is January's collage.
I'm using various types of cardboard - recycling shoe boxes or any kind of discarded cardboard I find in/around the house.
Most of the pictures and words are taken from "Give us this Day';"a Catholic religious magazine. Some of the words are from the ASCA counseling magazine; the 'material'I used were from things that said "January,"on them.
I worked on this one throughout the month, frequently inspired by words or pictures I wanted to add.
A few of the words are inspirational, and others are "Holy Spirit," led. By this I mean the HS wanted me to have a word of encouragement, or focus on a particular word, or meditate on the meaning of the word/picture, or incorporate the word into my spirit, etc.
For example,  the word "Shine," and "bright/brightly," showed up often, and in a cluster, but from different places.
I've always enjoyed the collage medium - mostly because I feel it is a good outlet for my type of personality, which is abstract random. (If you'd like to find out what your personality style is, go to Check your personal thinking.)
I haven't decided if I'm going to get the pieces framed. Mostly because I haven't decided where I want them to hang. One idea I had was hanging them up in my room, or in the garage. In the meantime, they will be in my office.
I'm already working on February's. In fact, words and phrases for February came at the end of January, lol. I feel like this means that February is ready to get going!
 
 
This collage is actually longer than this, but it wouldn't all fit in my camera phone's frame. Oh well, you get the vibe...I think. *wink* 

No comments:


Followers

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger