Sunday, January 27, 2013

***new kind of blogging***

Heavenly Father,
Bless my words as I write this blog; to give You greater glory. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Conversation between Carlton & I Friday night @ dinner:
"Did you read my blog?"
"Yes."
"And?"
"It was okay."
"Why doesn't my blog appeal to you?"
"The things you write about don't interest me. I don't need to read about mom's bday, I was there. You sound like a fourteen year old girl. Bff & all that other stuff."
"?!!! So what would you like me to write about?"
"You're an insightful person. When I read your blogs I don't hear that insightful person."
"You know, some people take 'insightful' for being judgmental."
"That's not what I mean. You reflect on things. You think about things deeply."
"There's a vulnerability that comes with that and I'm not sure I'm comfortable writing about those things, but I guess that's what makes a good blog. No fluff."
"Who are you writing for?"
"Myself, mostly."
What I didn't say to him was, 'Like you, I don't think most people read what I write, but if I had an audience, I think it would be my Facebook friends.'
"Well then, write about what you think about."
"Well ok then. I'll start with a blog about this conversation."

"I am a little pencil in the hand of a writing God who is sending a love letter to the world." Mother Theresa

No comments:


Followers

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger