Saturday, May 14, 2011

God winks at us

Hello friends,
God is always speaking to us, if only we would slow down and listen. And, "if today you hear His voice, harden not your hearts." In Jesus' name, Amen.
It is with great pleasure I want to tell you about a book I'm reading, entitled, "God winks."
It is with great displeasure I tell you that there are people (you may even be one of those people) who think God doesn't answer prayers.
However, IF (and I realize this IF is ginormous for some readers) IF you are open to His "speaking," what I call 'winking' for the purpose of this blog, then you will "see" that God does indeed respond to our prayers. What does a wink from God mean? It's a confirmation of your request, a "yes" of sorts.
Let me give you an example:
When I was discerning whether it was God's will for me to become a school counselor, I had the following dream.
I am in a strange, grimy, never-seen-before, city. I am walking along the street, when I come upon a police car, with it's lights flashing. Another police car is parked diagonally to the first car. There is a young man in the middle of the "V" the officer's cars are making.
He has a gun and is threatening to shoot himself.
I walk through the cars, toward the young man, when a policeman approaches me, "Ma'am, I'm going to need you to step back, please."
"I'm a counselor, I can help him." I confidently reply.
These words seem to appease the man in the blue uniform, as he moves aside to let me through.
Somehow, by the grace of God I'm sure, I'm able to talk the gentleman out of killing himself, and get him some help.
I consider this dream a God wink. A confirmation on the direction of  my career.
Another 'test' and God wink confirmation I received that solidified this first yes to me, was when I said to God, "If this is Your will, then financially You'll need to show me the way." Because when I looked at my finances closely, I laughed. No extra cash there!
But my income tax was due shortly...And once I did my taxes, I was able to afford three semesters! Now I felt that God wasn't just winking at me, He was Blinking, lol.
Then I was blessed with a summer school job. This money was for books and any other school supplies I needed. I was even able to afford a laptop - paid in full with currency. Thanks God.
Please consider this: have you ever had a petition or some heavy question on your mind, and then bam!, you feel like a family member, or a friend, or a stranger, in some random conversation you are having with them, maybe they do something, and you have an answer to your heavy question? God has winked at you, my friend. Keep the faith.
"I am a little pencil in the hand of a writing God who is sending a love letter to the world." Mother Theresa

1 comment:

C said...

Maybe the winks are not as obvious to some people, so they need the "blinking."
I loved that part!!


Followers

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger