Tuesday, May 24, 2011

We be trippin'

Hello friends,
     Thank you Lord for safe travel. May God bless you and keep you safe, dear reader. In Jesus' Name. Amen.
My trip began with a flight to DC, then a plane to CT, where my friend Cy is going to school. The reason for this excursion? She is returning to Tx for the summer and needed someone to drive her back to Texas (where she resides); she asked me to accompany her on her trip.


The house where Cy is staying is amazing, so I had to take photographs to share with you. This was the view from the kitchen window. The house is three stories: an upper floor, a middle floor, and then a basement that is a complete living area; it has a washer/drier, refrigerator, two full bathrooms, two bedrooms, and a pool table. (not shown) 


The majority of my photos are from the middle level of the house, because that's where the best lighting happened to occur.


There are plenty of windows showing off the spectacular landscape, and this is the view directly across from the kitchen window. You are seeing correctly: that's a deck.


This is the other side of the deck, on the outside. When's the party, Cy???


The stream that runs behind the house was hard to take pictures of, but you could hear it. This pathway leads you to the stream and the huge backyard.


 











Cy was packed and we were ready to go!


Just a couple of welcome signs from the states we crossed on our way back to Texas:



 








Upon entering Tennessee from the East, we saw this:


This was the view from our hotel. I took this picture because I was amused by how many "World Famous," signs I saw in Tennessee.


We arrived in Nashville around 8ish p.m. We didn't get to Broadway, a street similar to Austin's Sixth Street, but Austin has many more bars, until 11ish.
Here are some of the sights and sounds of our excursion into the night life:


I don't know what this building was, but I like the architechture. My guess is that it's a courthouse of some sort.


It is an unspoken rule that if you come across anything Jimmy Buffet, you must take a photo.


Cy took this photo on Saturday afternoon. I am standing outside of the Memphis Welcome Center. Notice there's a guitar for the 'i' in Memphis? Anywhere you looked and saw the word "Memphis," it has a guitar for the 'i'. ;)


Inside the Welcome Center, which is right behind where I'm standing, you'll find him:


And almost directly behind Elvis is:


These photos are just some of the black and white photos inside the Welcome Center that I thought were cool:


Aretha Franklin


Yes, this IS Ray Charles.


A super young Elvis and B.B. King.





It's always wonderful to travel within the United States. And yes, there is also tremendous benefit in traveling abroad; however, I think Americans don't realize the real treasures and important historic places we have...and many people don't take the time to find out what is right here in our very own backyard. More's the pity too, because it's worth seeing.

"I am a little pencil in the hand of a writing God who is sending a love letter to the world." Mother Theresa

1 comment:

C said...

Wow! I should just slow down at my house in CT because it looks great lol. So glad we drove back together.


Followers

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger