Saturday, May 7, 2011

The Servant Song

Hello friends,
     Heavenly Father you gave us the best example of motherly love in our Blessed Mother and her relationship with Christ; a "Love beyond all telling." Please continue to bless and guide all your children, wherever they may be, in Jesus' Name. Amen.
Mother's Day reminds me of many things, but the most pertinent to the present moment is that I'm not a mom, lol.
But mother's remind me of the best example of God's love for us. So for all the mom's reading this, I dedicate this song, which I intend to have as a wedding song between my beloved and me,
Lord of the Rings, Servant Song
Please note: Lord of the Rings is one of my all-time favorite movies, and to have this edifying song playing to some of the most endearing scenes from the movie, is an incredible find and a "God wink." (In another blog I will discuss what a "God wink," is...stay tuned!)
God bless you, my friends, today and always. Amen!
Here are the lyrics to this precious song, just in case you're wondering:
Friend, Let me be your servant
Let me be as Christ to you
Pray that I may have the grace
To let you be my servant, too

We are pilgrims on a journey
We are friends on the road
We are here to help each other
Walk the mile and bear the load

I will hold the Christlight for you
In the night-time of your fear
I will hold my hand out to you
Speak the peace you long to hear

I will weep when you are weeping
When you laugh I'll laugh with you
I will share your joy and sorrow
Till we've seen this journey through
When we sing to God in heaven
We shall find such harmony
Born of all we've known together
Of Christ's love and agony

Friend, let me be your servant
Let me be as Christ to you
Pray that I may have the grace
To let you be my servant, too
"I am a little pencil in the hand of a writing God who is sending a love letter to the world." Mother Theresa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey I want to know what a God Wink is.


Followers

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger